Monday 12 August 2013

Fun in fabulous Edinburgh



Last week the hubby and I went to Edinburgh to visit my brother in law and his lovely lady. I love Edinburgh, its such a great city. The Military Tattoo and the Fringe festival are both on right now so the city is just buzzing with people and there is a great atmosphere everywhere you go.





We spent an afternoon just wandering around Princes Street, watching all the street performers and magicians around the National Gallery and perusing the stalls of an arts and crafts market at St.Johns church. It rained a little so we ducked into the National Gallery for an hour, a really lovely place to just wander around. I totally love gallery's and museum's and they tend to be on my hit list no matter where I go.

This dude was an awesome magician, his card tricks were amazing! At the end of it he somehow cut open a lime to reveal a ten pound note inside! I have no clue how he did it! 


We also spent a day at Edinburgh Zoo, (question...why oh why do they always build a zoo on a hill?!?!?...my legs were so very sore the next day!)

Look at his little face! So very cute and they were so funny.
Unfortunately we didn't get to see the Panda's as all the slots were booked up but we got the whole way round the rest of the place. It's such a nice zoo, very clean and beautifully landscaped. We really enjoyed our time at the zoo, my favourite animals were the penguins and the squirrel monkeys.

The penguins were such posers! They seemed to really enjoy all the attention.

We went out for dinner to the Hard Rock Cafe while we were there (I can highly recommend the strawberry daiquiri!!) and really enjoyed it. In fact we spent pretty much all our time there eating and drinking too much, either at home or out somewhere or other. I guess that's what holidays are for huh? haha.

It was a great wee trip. We would love to go back again soon, maybe at Christmas time.

Anyone else been on any little trips lately? Any good recommendations for city breaks in the uk? Or places to visit next time we are in Edinburgh? Would love to hear from you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment