Saturday 24 August 2013

Beauty Favourites Wishlist...Budget Buys Part One


Hello lovelies...Have you read Cheryl's fantastic post Thirty, Flirty and Fabulous ? 
(If you haven't you totally should, some great advice there!) 
I thought I would write a little beauty post since we seem to be on a beauty and fashion kick
 on Magpie and Hen lately. 

Autumn is approaching and it is my favourite season. I just love it. Plus, with every new season comes the chance for new clothes and a new look! 

I'm totally a beauty junkie. Utterly and completely addicted.  Now, while this isn't necessarily a bad thing, it does sometimes (often) leave me in a bit of a quandary as to how to spend my pennies. Do I spend £30 on one awesome thing or do I spend £30 on three sorta kinda awesome things. 

Thankfully there are a ton of amazing beauty buys out there for us gals on a budget. £30 on three amazing things....heck yeah! 

 I've rounded up a few of my personal favourite budget beauty buys that also have got great reviews around the web (that's how I found out about most of these in the first place!) so I know they will suit a variety of skin tones and types, not just mine.

First things first...foundation.

This is L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation, it's £10.99 from Boots. This is a gorgeous foundation for the price which lasts pretty well and gives an ever so slightly dewy finish. I like it because my skin gets drier in the winter and I need something like this to help me get my glow on.


If however you don't like a dewy finish then good old Revlon Colorstay is for you...it comes in two variations, one for normal/ dry skin and one for combi/oily skin. At 12.99, again from Boots, the price is pretty reasonable too. This is one of my favourite ever foundations! It's great for special occasions when you don't want your make up to move at all. 

To put on my foundation I use one of these...

It is a flat top kabuki brush from Sigma,  it's called an F80. I love love love  this thing. It makes every foundation look better and smoother than anything else I've tried. Its not cheap though, at around £20 its doesn't really count as a budget buy but compared to the cost of MAC and other big brand make-up brushes its brilliant. Actually, I think a lot of the Sigma brushes are better than their MAC counterparts!

Next up is blush. One of the greatest blushes I have ever tried is Nars Orgasm. I love it but I've had mine since our wedding and its pretty much gone now. I just can't justify spending the money again but there are two (not one but two) really great dupes out there that are affordable and are available in the UK. Hurrah!



Firstly there is Milani's Baked Powder Blush in Luinoso. This. Is. Beautiful. Its Orgasm minus the glitter which I actually like better. Priced at around £5-6 on Amazon its a steal!



The second is NYX Powder Blush in Pinched. Again this is so similar to Orgasm and gives a really pretty colour to the cheeks. At just £6.00 it's a great price.This is the blush I have been using everyday recently and I've even had a few people compliment my pretty glow! 

Lastly, something I can't live without. Concealer. I have a blue tinge under my eyes no matter how much sleep I get so concealer is something I use everyday. I need mine to be hard working, not settle into my fine lines and last all day. I've tried dozens, everything from Rimmel Match Perfection Illuminating Concealer to Benefit's Erase Paste (I like this for concealing imperfections but it's a little to thick for under my eyes) and of course the beloved YSL Touche Eclat ( good but rather pricey!)

This is what I use every single day.


Priced at just £4.19 in boots this Lasting Perfection Concealer from Collection 2000 is an answer to my prayers. It does a brilliant job of lightening and brightening my under eye area and it does it all. day. long. Its pretty great at evening out redness and imperfections too. What more could you ask for?!

So there you go, a few of my favourite inexpensive beauty products that have made their way into my make up bag and my daily routine. I have a few more budget beauty buys for lips and eyes which I cant wait to share with you in part two so check back on Monday for that.  

Does anyone else have any great beauty buys they want to shout about? Budget or otherwise haha.
Let us know in the comments!
 Or do you have any beauty questions you would like us to answer in a post? 
Just give us a shout and we will get back to you asap.



2 comments:

  1. Thx for this. Going to look for the collection 2000 concealed, as j have the same issue with blue under eyes. If we don't get it I can ask cheryl to bring it with her:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx for this. Going to look for the collection 2000 concealed, as j have the same issue with blue under eyes. If we don't get it I can ask cheryl to bring it with her:)

    ReplyDelete