Wednesday 24 July 2013

Currently...a little snippet of life around here lately.

Source


Reading...
The Simple Things...a fairly new magazine filled with beautiful pictures and inspiring words. I really like the ethos of this magazine and the notion of embracing a simpler way of life, finding daily beauty and cherishing the moments that really matter.

Watching...
The new season of Mad Men....who doesn't enjoy a little bit of Don Draper?! I'm totally coveting Megan Draper's fabulous 60's wardrobe this season. 

Listening...
to Peter Gabriel's 'In Your Eyes' from John Cusack's 1989 film 'Say Anything' (worth watching for the boombox scene alone), one of my absolute favourite date-night movies. Am I alone in being more than a little bit in love with 'Lloyd Dobler'?

Planning...
a kitchen makeover...much to my husbands dismay. I have plans to paint my kitchen table and add a gallery wall using Ikea's Ribba picture ledge shelves. Sometimes I really love the planning stages of decorating, so much more fun than all the hard work that follows!
Source

Enjoying...
learning a little bit more about plants and gardening, I've made it my mission to incorporate more houseplants in to our home this year. I'd also like to learn a bit more about container gardening in an attempt to beautify the outdoor spaces of our rental home. I'm considering buying The Balcony Gardener by Isabelle Palmer to get me started. Has anyone read it? Any other container gardening book recommendations or other resources out there?

Pinning... 
Inspiration for our kitchen makeover...       
                          
Source
...and some pretty macrame style hanging plants. Love the neon pink!
Source


What has everyone else been up to lately? Any new tv shows on the horizon?  Has anyone actually tried make one of those macrame plant hangers? I would totally love to try!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment